About Paul Stewart
Thirty-five years private practice, general counsel and executive experience in transportation/logistics. Managed negotiation, contracting, litigation, merger / acquisition, HR, compliance and process improvement for risk reduction for 3 national logistics companies. Led strategic growth by acquisition for major national logistics company from target identification, negotiation, diligence, all documentation of acquisitions, and primary responsibility for complete integration. Completed $450M in growth by acquisition. Developed strategic plan and merged all NYK U.S. domestic companies into NYK Logistics (Americas) before leaving in 2005.
Continued with consulting and counsel for private equity logistics companies, to include strategy for growth, strategic growth by merger and acquisition and presentation of capital plan to venture capital companies 2005-2007. Served as CEO and General Counsel for start-up logistics company, with growth from 6M to 42M 2007-2010.
Returned to private practice representing all aspects of supply chain management clients, to include intermediaries, warehousing, merchandising, motor carriers, and shippers. Practice has included litigation, negotiation of 3PL projects; document review; bankruptcy preference claims; major loss and damage claims resolution; and, general guidance of logistics companies in complex 3PL projects 2011 to present.
- Trial of logistics law issues has included state and federal court litigation.
- Clients include 3PL’s, motor carriers, truck brokers, warehousing, merchandisers, transportation software (TMS systems), freight forwarders and transportation salespersons/agents, shippers.
- Rated “AV” Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell. Recently rated 5.0/5.0 by both peers and clients.
- Two Consecutive Years Awarded Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell. Less than 1% of Nation’s 900,000 Attorneys Earn This Honor Based Upon Actual Client Reviews.
- Publications in Professional Journals and Other Media including Transportation Law Journal, Journal of Transportation Management, Transportation Lawyer, Inbound Logistics, Traffic World and Logistics Law.
- Former Adjunct Professor of Business Law and Contemparary Logistics at University of Memphis
Logistics Law and General Corporate Counsel